Dwarf Hair Grass - Results of New Growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manix

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've planted a pot of dwarf hair grass 2 days ago. I tried my best to remove all the wool but a lot of the roots got torn. 3-4 leaves are intact but the roots are gone. (If it makes any sense.) I also trimmed some of the top to promote new growth.

I planted them anyways hoping new roots will grow. They are planted half inches apart. My Kuhli Loaches keeps digging around and some are uprooted. So I replant them deeper but not buried. I can't tell whether or not the grass are growing because the loaches are constantly digging. The digging makes it look taller. (If this makes sense.)

Anyone know how fast I can see new results if I did it right? I'm using API CO2 daily and Flourish Comprehensive 2 days a week. It is planted in a fine sand substrate with 78 watts of T5HO.

I just planted some dwarf hairgrass last Wednesday, and as of yesterday, I started noticing new blades poping up in the substrate. I wouldn't worry about tearing up the roots. I trimmed my roots back pretty far when I bought mine, and I pulled one yesterday to check, and they grew back no problem. I have mine planted in flourite / flourite dark mix.

Okay thanks.

It's just hard to see any new growth when I have loaches digging around and moving substrate.

I'll give it two weeks and hope for the best.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom