Dwarf Puffer Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs.h2012 said:
The tank looks awesome! That's the look I want to eventually go for in my tank!

Thank you so much! I'm trying my best at this. It's good to see that it's not in vain:D

Thanks ima get a mangrove root to put in and i got a rare moonspot licorice and a scarlet badis and also cherry shrimp in my tank

That sounds really cool hellaasian! Tell me how that goes!

I have very sad news to report. After coming home from tutoring some of my neighbors I was about to feed Joey some bloodworms and medication for internal parasites. I couldn't find him. Eventually I ended up taking out all of the wood pieces, shifting around all of the plants and looking around the tank in case he some how got a sudden urge to sum up all of his might and jump out of the tank. I looked and looked and hadn't seen a single bit of his puffer goodness... I opened up the filter and took out the media (here's where it turns bad *readers discretion advised*) In it was poor little Joey. His eye's were white and his body was bent in ways his little body shouldn't have been.

I cried my eyes out. It was so so so so so so so sad. I don't know what to do now. I'm torn between getting a new puffer fish or trying my hand at something else... I don't know, I'm still in morning so I don't have to...

RIP Joey! You'll be in my heart forever!!!<3

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am especially fond of puffers but I am too new to this hobby to dabble in it just yet. My dad tried keeping a gsp from walmart once without knowing anything about fish/cycling. It ended badly (r.I.p. Chong), and I was more attached/crushed than anyone. One day I WILL have a marine tank with a single green spotted puffer.

Again, so sorry about your little puff.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am especially fond of puffers but I am too new to this hobby to dabble in it just yet. My dad tried keeping a gsp from walmart once without knowing anything about fish/cycling. It ended badly (r.I.p. Chong), and I was more attached/crushed than anyone. One day I WILL have a marine tank with a single green spotted puffer.

Again, so sorry about your little puff.

Aw, that's such a sad story! I'm sorry!

Thank you for your condolences. He was an amazing little fish.

I went to the LFS today hoping I could find another puffer (not that Joey can ever be replaced in my heart), because my sister still doesn't know about his death and my mother and I want to keep it that way:whistle: but they didn't have any so I'm going to look again on Tuesday when they get more fish in... Unless I find a different fish that is amazing...... But yeah, that's the story of today!

Back
Top Bottom