Dwarf puffer with TB...ANYTHING I can do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aislinn3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About six months ago I purchased 4 dwarf puffers. After 2 months I had one left, I thought due to bullying and the alpha not letting the weaker ones eat. The last one was living nicely in his own 20l tank but over the past few days I noticed he lost interest in food and began to swim strangely.

His diet has been live snails and once in a while, bloodworms. The only thing that had changed (other than the water, of course) was a glass canopy I added 3 days or so prior to his decline in health.

After some research the general consensus points to parasites or tb. With his spine looking curved all of the time, like he is always hunting, I believe he has fb. Is there anything I can do to cure him? If not...what do I do?! I have never had to euthanize a feesh :(

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The water parameters are stable and perfect, I just retested today also. I began supplementing with "Kent garlic extreme" four days ago. Today I began administering "seachem kanaPlex." I have also been researching hypericum (an herbal treatment for tb in people as well as mareks disease in chickens).

Its now day 6 in his current state. I hate seeing him like this so if these remedies do not help/ work, I'm afraid I have to euthanize :(

Thank you! Sadly though, he passed this morning. RIP Pepe!

Back
Top Bottom