Dwarf sag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarkm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all , I was just wondering what a reasonable timeframe is for dwarf sag to produce runners after being planted ?

It depends on the substrate, fertilization, c02, and lighting. I have dwarf sag and it sends out a couple of runners every week or so

View attachment 232197

Eco complete fine grade , seachem line of liquid ferts + root tabs , co2 is just excell , and 2x39 watts t5ho. 58 gallon tank. Do I have them planted deep enough ?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396907011.687247.jpg

Picture didn't work for some reason
Are they planted deep enough ?

They should be fine, there really is no way to know when they will start sending out runners but dwarf sag is relatively easy to grow so just give it some time to adjust

Yeah, in my tank that is co2 injected with EI dosing and 108 watts of dual t-5 ho and I have to thin them out monthly. I started with 15-20 and just recently pulled out about 150 individual plants after 4 months so give it time and they will spread.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401028782.646142.jpg
Found another one trying to grow under the driftwood. Will its color come back now that it's in the light ?

Back
Top Bottom