Dwarf Seahorse Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many can be in a 10 gallon aquarium was advised to have 20 in a 10 min but what's the maximum? I'm doing something right little over 2 weeks an they breeding like crazy. From what I understand you want bout 2 per gallon is this correct? Started with 30 now have total of 80.

Attachments

• look 001.jpg
    look 001.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 95
  • baby 001.jpg
    baby 001.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 101
  • babt 001.jpg
    babt 001.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 100
  • male 001.jpg
    male 001.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 116
yeah figured I was overstocked so trying to get idea how big of tank i need to set up. but all info i seem to be finding goes up to 20 gallon an says a min of 15-40 not finding anything on maximum for a 20 or good rule of thumb to tell how many per gallon i'm kind of guessing 2 per gallon from what i read. Though not sure on that so that's kind of what i'm hoping someone can help guide me on. When I do sell them I won't be getting store credit for them I got 2 lfs that deal in saltwater here. One of which i'll never step foot back in cause of the con job they did on me first getting into saltwater. I'll sell some through newspaper an local classifieds i'm thinking.

Anyone have any idea on this question?
How many can be in a 10 gallon aquarium was advised to have 20 in a 10 min but what's the maximum? I'm doing something right little over 2 weeks an they breeding like crazy. From what I understand you want bout 2 per gallon is this correct? Started with 30 now have total of 80.

I would stay at 20 in a 10 gallon, based on what I've read.

I'm going to convert my 56 gallon to saltwater for seahorses...too bad you're not close by (and the timing isn't quite right yet, either)..

I got a 55 they going in. That's why i'm trying to figure out gallon per rule for them i've seen answers all over the place. these little guys were bigger then what i ordered so kind of put me in rush mode. Was expecting 6 weeks b4 even possible breeding started though ended up with 7 pregneant right off the bat then 5 more getting pregneant. after i figure out safe gallon per rule i'll have another issue how to get enough shrimp concentration in a 55. For that though think I got a solid plan 6 continuis hatch n feeds from fosters. 1 keeps the 10 well supplied throughout the day with shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom