dwarf zebra lionfish 20g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

codigoins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I was at my LPS yesterday and saw a BEAUTIFUL dwarf zebra and have a empty setup at home, 20 gallon with 10 gallon sump, protein skimmer and all. I've been asking around and people are telling me if i scape my rocks right it should be ok, any advice??

They get from 5 to 7 inchs, the largest one found in ocean was 8 and a half:p ive been doing alot of research. I think a 20 would be fine, and upgrade later down the line.

while they certainly do not get ten inches, seven is more accurate, they are also recommended to have a 50 gallon. Seven inches is still a lot of fish for a 20.

Well, I've had a common lionfish in my 120 gallon before I got my coral catshark and im not going to lie, he was 10 too 11 inches and he was not very active at all, only during feeding he moved from the center of the tank too the top, thats about all the movement I really saw haha.

Well, I've had a common lionfish in my 120 gallon before I got my coral catshark and im not going to lie, he was 10 too 11 inches and he was not very active at all, only during feeding he moved from the center of the tank too the top, thats about all the movement I really saw haha.

Im sorry but NO lion belongs in a 20g. They need room. Even at 5-6 inches thats too large a fish for a 20g tank with the feeding requirements a lion needs also. You wont find an old lionfish in a 20g put it that way.

I agree. And the thought "I will just get a bigger tank if/when he gets big" is generally not happening with most folks. Stock your tank with fish that will thrive, not just barely hold on. Lions don't move around much, but they need more than 20 gallons. JIMO

although not an open water swimmer, they will still be well aware of their limited space. They still like to swim around from time to time. Most of the advice you're going to get will be the same.

Back
Top Bottom