Earning the name lucky hopefully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jgeezer1986

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i screwed up.

I was going to ask about this a couple days ago , but i figured i would wait and see what happend.

My buddy had a crab in his tank. It survived in his tank for weeks with out a problem. But suddenly it took out two if his fish. One was a blue gourami and the other was a neon.

In my tank , i have some faster , more aggresive fish , such as my tiger barbs. I had figured they would be able to aviod the crab , so i put it in my tank to save it. My buddy was going to kill it after it had killed two of his fish.

The other night, i noticed it was stalking my tiger barbs. The barbs were alway swimming around the crab. It looked like they were picking on it. But all the sudden , the crab got a tiger barb. I seen it and immediately got the barb off of the crab , but unfortunately , it was too late for it. I had to euthanize it. At that point, the crab found a new home in a 5 gallon bucket until moring when i took it to the lfs and gave it to them. But at some point , apparently , it tangeled with another tiger barb.

Of the six i had , one was now diceased. But i seen another one was missing its bottom lip compelety. I was very sad and blame it on the crab also. Every time i fed my fish , it would try to get food, but was unsucessful. It finally took refuge at a bottom corner of the tank.

Today , i fed them , and it still was not able to eat, but it still seems healthy. But it already seems to be healing.

I feel really bad for this tiger barb, its like teasing it every time i feed them because it can not eat.

It can finally close its mouth and if it makes it through this deal, its getting a gold medal and earning the name lucky.

I feel bad and did not have the heart to euthanise it, and good thing , because i think its going to survive.

Back
Top Bottom