earth worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

see_shane_ay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 bala sharks, a red tail shark, 5 clown loach, 5 black kuhlii loach, a plecostomus and a peacock eel, would it be ok to feed them an earth worm?

id say stick to the safe live foods like brine shrimp, blood worm etc the bacteria and diseases the garden worms can bring in is terrifying if u thing about it. i had some mosquito larvae form my garden once, the tank got infested with tiny fleas and i lost a few fish... til they sorta died off over time.
why an earth worm? x

Oh wow you must have a huge tank. And if you did feed earth worms, they have a lot of protein in them, a little to much. So feeding them all the time wouldn't be a good thing.

I have 3 bala sharks, a red tail shark, 5 clown loach, 5 black kuhlii loach, a plecostomus and a peacock eel, would it be ok to feed them an earth worm?

If your going to feed them earthworms you need to purge the worms first by letting them sit in a bucket or box with some dry newspaper and let them expell all there waste before feeding them. I feed me fish earthworms as a treat and they love it. Never had a problem following this simple procedure

Live earthworms are packed full of vitamins and proteins. I'm breeding a tube of earthworms.

The only concern I have with garden worms are chemicals used in the soil. Other than that, I would just wash the dirt off of them and throw it in for the fish to eat.

Just make sure the worm can fit into the mouth of your fish. Or else you will have to clean up after them. Its a good treat every 1-2 weeks for my fish :)

wow, that's ALOT of bottom dwellers in your tank!!

does the middle and top of the aquarium look empty?

Ya it does look a little empty in the middle, looking for somethin neat to to put in there with em any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom