Easy co2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kygirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the easiest co2 system to use for first time users? What is the least expensive one, but still good? (don't have a whole lot of money atm but really would like to get one set up in my planted tank) I am asking this because I am not sure what to get for my 65 gal and because I have never used one before. I also have small children and would like it to be safe to have around the house. Any info is appreciated.

What is the easiest co2 system to use for first time users? What is the least expensive one, but still good? (don't have a whole lot of money atm but really would like to get one set up in my planted tank) I am asking this because I am not sure what to get for my 65 gal and because I have never used one before. I also have small children and would like it to be safe to have around the house. Any info is appreciated.

Hey Kygirl,

I use the Red Sea CO2 kit in my 12g. It is basically a nice, clean, version of a DIY CO2 system. You use one 'refill' per month and from my experience it actually does last for an entire month. I have yet to try and make my own CO2 but you *could* if you didn't want to buy their premade refills.

It can hang on your tank or be placed out of the way. It comes with everything you need.

Freshwater Planted Aquariums: Red Sea Turbo CO2 Bio-System

I'm very happy with it -- and so are my plants! :)

EDIT -- I just realized that they recommend this up to 40g. You can probably still get away with this in a 65g but I just thought I'd point that out.

diy is almost usless in a 65 gallon. if you did do it you would need several like 4-6 bottles going and you still dont get stable co2. pressurized really is the only way to go. it will run you around $150-200. you dont always need co2, it isnt a must. unless you have a kid hitting the top of it with a hammer really hard there is no danger.

thank you.

Is there a thread or something where I can read up on co2 units?

Back
Top Bottom