Ebo-Jager heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arminkropp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a 250W Ebo heater and was I surprised when I read on the heater "do not immerse past this line"
I thought these heaters are supposed to be some of the best in the world!
If so then why isn't it FULLY submersible?

Correct me if I'm wrong, But if thought these were FULLY submersible.

only one thing left to say.........Good 'ol Visi-Therm.. at least they are

I don't like heaters that aren't fully submersible. When you think about it doesn't really make any since that they don't make all heaters fully submersible. I just don't think its as safe.

I have 2 Jager 250w and i don't see anywhere on it where it says don't submerge past this line. I've looked through all the instructions and don't see anything that says that either. Maybe different models or something..

they are not fully submersible. i have 5 and have yet to have a problem. and sometimes the ones in my mixing containers are fully submersed

steve r

It's a requirement by law that the warning is added. The Ebo is fully submersible. They're all I use and all are under the water.

Cheers
Steve

I bought one a month back and it said the same message.
I took it back to the store the next day and asked? :evil:

Of course the answer was "oh yeah it is submersible", But I I traded it out for one that did not have that message on it! :roll:

I asked the shop employee if he was going to enjoy working for me when my pregnant wife was electrocuted when she went to check on why all the fish were dead. Because, I would certainly sue the owner for the store and his car and his fish tanks and his house and I'd probably take all the dog doo doo in the back yard too! :twisted:

The only people whom technically qualified to answer whether the ebo heater is fully submersible or not is the manufacturing company of the heater.

I have mine completely submerged.

It would suck to be fried but I think most heaters have a warning in the instruction or somewhere that states you must unplugg them when working in the tank. So if someone did get electrocuted, good luck sueing them.

Here is what ebo jager stated in their manual " The first to impliment a low water level safety switch avoiding glass breakage due to thermo shock." and on another page. " Refer to the water level which is marked on the cap of the heater." when setting up. So, why did they even print this warning to consumers IF it is suppose to be a fully submersible heater ?

IfoundNemo said:
So, why did they even print this warning to consumers IF it is suppose to be a fully submersible heater ?
Politics primarily, it is imported as apposed to locally manufactured. They are forced to include the warning, it's not by choice. You'll find the same thing on many brands of import products.

Cheers
Steve

KLAM, this is america!!! it's everybodies fault but mine. :twisted:

by the way, in 20 years of keeping fish, I have never read, to unplug your heater when working in your tank, in an owners manual.

Then again, I always throw away the directions. :roll:

It's still somebody elses fault that it didn't say it right on the heater! :twisted:

oh, maybe it does! :roll:

I completely understand that these are the same heaters regardless of the markings on them. My issue is that if the heater were to fail and cause injury to a person or property damage, it would esstentially be your fault for sticking it under water when it is not UL approved.

FYI, a grounded wire in the tank will save your butt, even if one of these does fail. Since it will seek the shortest path to ground, your shoes and floor are less inviting than a straight wire. Also they will trip a GFCI faster than it would otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom