EBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdpuffer

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I have always fancied the EBR and last night I came home from work to find my male GBR stuck to the filter, he hasn't been right since I got him. After much phoning around this morning I found some EBR for sale in the city so I'm headed out shortly to go get them. Cheapest I found was $20 and they are about 3 inches, everyone else had balloon EBR for $50, ouch.

Well I just got back from the city and got my fish, they were impressive. I got 4 juvi EBR, I tried to get 2m 2f but time will tell. They also had some wild caught gbr that were mind blowing, the color on them was incredible even being 1 inch long do I got a male and female of those. Again I can't stress how awesome the color was on them.

They are pretty. Will they look more blue when they are out of the bag, or do they just carry the electric blue gene?

Oh they will get blue, they have even colored up more in the bag, I'm doing a long acclimation and once I release them I'll post more pics.

Awesome! Yeah, after I posted I saw that you said in the second post they were very colorful. I just missed it at first. Lol.
YOu should definitely put up some more shots when they are colored up!

absolutangel04 said:
Awesome! Yeah, after I posted I saw that you said in the second post they were very colorful. I just missed it at first. Lol.
YOu should definitely put up some more shots when they are colored up!

Agreed!

Do a veryy long acclimation..i think you shouls have dripped but thats just my opinion.

Very cool fish, im excited to see these guys color up

I was going to but I had to run out so I did the float technique. Been floating for about two hours now with a couple additions of tank water, I even did a 50% wc and added a bunch of rodi. The ones I was saying are incredibly colorful are the normal gbr, they were unbelievable. The eb are really colorful just all blue. I think I did well picking them out cause I'm almost positive I ended up 2m and 2f eb and 1m 1f gb, pays to sit and watch them. My female gb and male actually appeared to have paired up already and they are tiny, she is even showing the pink belly ?

Agreed!

Do a veryy long acclimation..i think you shouls have dripped but thats just my opinion.

Very cool fish, im excited to see these guys color up

awesome ELB's are so cool and i drip every fish i acclimate just to be safe

Again I would have dripped but I had to run out, I'm currently not home so I don't really want to come home to a puddle in my living room.

Well as promised PICS !!!! The first pic is as follows- left is EBR, middle is wild caught GBR, right is tank raised GBR. You can see the iridescent blue in the wild caught GBR is amazing. The second pic is a few of the EBR. They look blue now don't they lol.

Thanks guppylover, I'm happy with them. They have all ate and are cruising around checking things out, not afraid at all they come right up to the glass and don't bolt away if I move.

Thanks angel, so I was busy this morning. I had to run to Wally world cause I had a savage need for golden Graham's and had to pick up some meds to rid a tank of parasites so I was checking out some lighting, my tigerfish tank light is garbage and I wanted something to bring out the blue on my rams in my community tank. So I got a new fixture for my vivarium, moved the viv lights to my community and the light on my community went on my tiger tank. The new setup on my community is 2 bulbs at 20watts each and I opted to run my repti glo bulbs, they are the 5.0. I had awesome plant growth with them so I hope it does the same in my tank. The more white/blue light really makes the blue in the new rams pop. Pic is of an EB and wild caught GB. Think the light is better?

More to report, I have been glued to my tank and have been watching my fish with fascination. So far signs are great, my male EBR have appeared to pick a female and are trying hard to woo, flaring fins and following closely trying to show off. Even looks like they are starting to establish territories that the courting couple are staying close to. I am stoked.

Well to continue from my last post, I witnessed a male and female EBR taking turns vibrating themselves infront of the other, I think I have the start to a spawn.

Back
Top Bottom