eco23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish.OG87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Dear AA

Why isn't eco23 registered as a mod already, especially for the " Get started" forum. He is very knowledgeable with aquarium cycling and also knows a thing or too in other areas of AA.
Please make eco23 a mod for the sake of AA lol. Thx

I wudnt of wrote this if I didnt think he deserved a mod position. He has helped so many ppl and saved so many ppls fish. Do it!!!!!

You're crazy, but I appreciate the compliment.

If I actually was a mod, I would tell you that this was posted in the wrong area...and I would move it to either the lounge or the community forum, hahaha.

I have a feeling you'll see it there shortly ;)

Dear AA

Why isn't eco23 registered as a mod already, especially for the " Get started" forum. He is very knowledgeable with aquarium cycling and also knows a thing or too in other areas of AA.
i totally agree with you:) we should also make hukit a mod,hes the guy to ask if youve got cichlid questions

Thanks for the suggestions. At this time the staff is full but I am sure our members are grateful for the support.

Thanks for the suggestions. At this time the staff is full but I am sure our members are grateful for the support.
oh! and i forgot HN1,he so deserves to be a mod

See....... my point exactly,thats why eco23 needs to be a mod, there isnt a mod to be seen and eco23 is the first person to recognize this thread. He is the only one after a certain hour that can actually help someone on AA that is in dire need of help, he is always on online on AA apart from other mods.

Thanks again for the compliment Irish. I do believe the site is well covered. Zags is one of our mods/admins...and was onto the thread pretty quickly last night when you posted. Your compliment is very appreciated though :)

Dear AA

+1 on that sentiment ... even if there are no mod spots available. At least they'll see someone who AA members highly regard.(y)

Let me also say that eco23 is pretty good and knowledgable and we appreciate it. As stated earlier by one of our admin we are not at the moment looking for more mods. The mods we have are doing a great job and we are totally satisfied with them. Should the time come we will consider several of our members. Thanks eco23 for what you do and thanks current mods for what you do as we are very thankful for what you do.

See....... my point exactly,thats why eco23 needs to be a mod, there isnt a mod to be seen and eco23 is the first person to recognize this thread. He is the only one after a certain hour that can actually help someone on AA that is in dire need of help, he is always on online on AA apart from other mods.

I see mods online very frequently at all hours of the day and night (I am almost always online as well, have even managed it a little this week being 1000 miles away from home). I don't necessarily want to speak for all of us, but I'd imagine that I'm not far off base in saying that we are always willing to help. There is a PM system in place if you need to ask one of us something specific, a report button that alerts us all when something needs our attention, and a wonderful search tool that is most often woefully underutilized. ;)

I'll admit I don't normally chime in on the fishless cycling threads. I've answered those questions literally hundreds of times over the past 7.5 years that I have been a member of the site and, as I mentioned, there are thousands of getting started threads that contain great information, that can be found with the search tool if one is so inclined. In addition, if someone else has it covered, there's really no need for a mod to jump in just to reiterate what another member has said.

There is a lot more that goes into being a mod (and especially admin) than answering questions. That is only part of our job here and there are plenty of knowledgeable members that can also help out with questions. You don't have to be a mod to be a respected member of the site.

I agree that eco23 and Hukit should be mods, they've been very helpful :), but I think they're already having a full staff. Here's the thread about it: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f10/interested-in-being-a-moderator-159873.html

As pointed out in the thread above, you don't have to be a mod to have a lot of knowledge on a subject. I'm fine with eco being on here anyways if he was a mod or not. Besides mods have a lot more to do than answer questions, I think they sort through topics all day too.

I appreciate the sentiment guys...if I ever run for public office you can be part of my public relations team, lol.

I think the mods / admins are trying to say it nicely...but the point is that the opinion has been stated and it's time to move on.

Thanks again for the recognition though :)

I think he was a mod before (correct me if I'm wrong). I think it's why his title is AA Team Emeritus, I think severum mama told me that past mods are on that team.

I was a mentor before they became mods. I withdrew from that position due to what I viewed as a "dumbing down" of AA. IMO, there was a marked increase in the number of new members and posts that were completely lacking in content or value. I called it out and felt like I needed to stand by the comments that I had posted (both publicly and in the staff area). I still stand by that opinion and am hoping it is just a new seasonal thing. As mentioned, there is an often overlooked search feature and too many people that value post count over content.

I have sent PMs to the staff on several occasions to let them know who I think adds value, but I honestly find the public post and especially the criticism of the staff to be in very poor taste. I trust they will take recommendations into mind when and if the need to add mods arises. I absolutely respect and admire the staff here. They work a whole lot harder than most ever think of to keep the site running and on track and they do so with a very light touch.

I absolutely respect and admire the staff here. They work a whole lot harder than most ever think of to keep the site running and on track and they do so with a very light touch.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with HN1 ... The current mods/admin do a great job overseeing this site, providing a presence, but not an over-dominating. Keep it up!

I also agree and admire our mods and admins. There are certain ones I turn to quite often with questions and issues of my own. I appreciate those who mentioned my name...and I hope it doesn't come across that those members were speaking ill of the current staff, when I myself am very pleased and appreciative of all they provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom