Ecotech mp40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamiefisher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've just bought an Ecotech mp40 and my question is, are the really worth the money? Does anyone have them or know much about them?

Ive got one. It seems loud to me. I dont think its worth the money.

Love my MP10. If yours is loud, were you using/not using the gasket provided depending on tank thickness? Mine is silent...

Yes, I am. I called their customer service and they provided me with a new dryside and wetside. Still makes noise. They said its normal to hear the motor rev up and down.

Yes, I am. I called their customer service and they provided me with a new dryside and wetside. Still makes noise. They said its normal to hear the motor rev up and down.

Well of course the motor will make some noise. It's a very powerful piece of equipment. Is yours a 10 or 40 and what size tank? I feel like these are much better noisewise not running maxed out, much like all electronics. I run my 10 on reef rest at 50%. If I were to use a 10 on a 75 gallon, it would need to be at 100%, and be very loud. I think people sometimes hope for miracles and don't get the right size for their tank and end up being disappointed...

Its the 40 and its on a 180 gallon tank. Its silent when I run it at 50 percent. It is a powerful piece of equipment and if you dont mind the noise then its great. The amount paid though you should be able to have it at 100 percent and be able to enjoy your silent tank. I could hear the motor rev from my room and through watching movies in the living room

Back
Top Bottom