Ecoxotic LED's in Biocube 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTamer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

I had a few questions about installing Ecoxotic LED's in my BC14. First, I was wondering what ecoxotic led's I should put in my BC? Would one Panorama pro module and stunner strip be enough? Or should I go with 2 pro modules? Also, what colors do you recommend together to give a nice color to your tank? Only have soft corals, lps in tank.

Thanks!

Go with 2 pro modules. Best colors would be or atleast IMO 12000k/445 Royal blue and 453nm Blue/Magenta. You could grow low light SPS aswell

Do you think I could get away with one pro and a stunner strip? Or is two pros the way to go?

KTamer said:
Do you think I could get away with one pro and a stunner strip? Or is two pros the way to go?

One pro and one stunner can grow LPS if that's what you wanted to know.

Yeah pretty much. Would two pros just allow me to grow everything? Or what are the benefits?

Thanks!

I tried a 12k/445 combo and a stunner ... the stock PC's were brighter. So yea you can , but might as well add another pro for $95 and grow anything right?

alink708 said:
I tried a 12k/445 combo and a stunner ... the stock PC's were brighter. So yea you can , but might as well add another pro for $95 and grow anything right?

But what matters is PAR which the B14 lacks.

Yep the PC lights on the Biocube was what I was referring too

Ahh ok I was confused for a min. I dont have a meter so I dont know what the diff was between the 2. Dont LEd's produce alot more unusable light though....therefore the need for more diodes?

alink708 said:
Ahh ok I was confused for a min. I dont have a meter so I dont know what the diff was between the 2. Dont LEd's produce alot more unusable light though....therefore the need for more diodes?

No, it depends on the wattage of each LEDs. The ones with alot of diodes are usually .33w or less and are used for aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom