Edit tags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomK2

Aquarium Advice Addict
so, how long have the "edit tags" been in place? Just noticed them tonight. You know, the edit summaries like at the bottom of this post. See it?

Wait, trying to get one to appear

Hmm. Maybe it needs another post to follow it before the edit tag appears? Or does it take a certain amount of time before it will show up?

Ahh. There it is, it only showed up after I put a post after the edited post.

Moved to Site Help/Feedback forum.

LOL, yes, the edit line only appears if someone has responded to your post when you go back in to edit. If you're the last post in the thread and you submit and then edit, you usually can escape the edit tag if you're fast enough!

How long has this been a feature on AA? Just noticed it tonight. Could it be that I always edited my posts fast enough to avoid it in the past? That would be quite an accomplishment, considering how many errors I make!

Yes, I do think it has been in place for as long as I've been here. And "fast" just depends, lol. Maybe you see something an hour later that you want to correct, and you are able to without getting the "dreaded" tag. Other times, while you're in edit mode, someone else responds to the post, so by the time you re-submit, you get the tag!

Wow. After nearly a year, still something new to discover. I bet since it appears after the signature I have never noticed it before. You do tend to ignore signatures a lot of the time. Thanks!

If Im quick enough I can usually get away with jumping in and spell checking when I forgot to.. or adding a little something that I forgot to.. as long as no-one else has posted in the mean time..

HAHA. Its been here since the dawn of time. No new features have been added in a VERY long time.

Back
Top Bottom