Eeek My Fish Got Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsgracia

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm fairly new to this and have my tank up for 7 weeks. My mom got fish happy the other day and put two Mollies in my tank. A gold one and a black one. I already have 6 neon tetras and 5 zebra Danios in there. Well to make long story short the Gold Molly got Ich. I noticed it today after I did a PWC. I ran to the LFS and got some Ich med (Ich Attack) and raised up my tank temp to 80F. Am I forgetting anything? The rest of the fishes look fine for now only the gold Molly has spots but I read about it and I know that I have to treat the whole tank.

Yuck! Here's an awesome article on dealing with Ich: Freshwater Ich? Yuck!

You can also add salt!!

Good luck! I'm sorry this happened! Keep an eye on your H20 quality for further prevention. Just like humans, poor environments can hamper their immune systems! Also you may want to try quarantining your new fish before adding them to your "big" tank.

Good luck again!

I do have a quarantine but my mom doesn't know anything about my fish. Talked to her and told her (ok more like yelled buy I said sorry after) never to touch my aquarium again. She put the new Gish in and we the LFS wouldn't take them back. I do 50% water change every Saturday. I will be doing PWCs every other day until this Ich is completely gone.

Hahaha aww, moms...yeah. Gotta love 'em. The things my mom feeds my dog...Good luck with the Ich. It's pretty easily nipped in the bud if you can catch it, identify it, and treat it. Sounds like you got it down. Wishing your fishies the best of luck! :)

Thanks...I forgot to mention the medicine also asked for the carbon filter to be taken out and I did this too. I hope this doesn't last too long.

Back
Top Bottom