eggladen dwarf gourami....questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arachniac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 6 male and 6 female dwarf gourami in a tank together. 3 of the males are mature, one isn't. All the females are 1-1.5" long. One looks wicked fat, like she went to an All-you-can eat buffet and ate everything. I didn't think such a young female would produce eggs.

If I don't have a place to seperate her and a male to spawn her what will happen to her? Will any mature male spawn her? I wasn't planning on this happening until a while later. Thanks!

bearing in mind wicked-fat could just mean fat lol :)
unless the males are making bubble nests, you wont get much soon sorry x

Look at her from above, if she's egg bound, you'll see the bloated mass more on one side of the body. If she's equally fat on both sides, she prob just ate a lot. :)

Yes, in their current tank I have. A power filter. I plan on getting a 10 gallon for when there ready to breed. Put some floating plants in there, and drop the water level to 6-8" and crank up the temp to get them "in the mood". But the girls have to grow a bit more.

good plans.
what i meant about the surface agitation, was if u want them to breed the surface needs to be basically still to stop the bubble nests from bursting x

Thanks. I know the surface has to be still for the bubblenest to succede.. I was planning on just turning off the power filter till the try are bigger, anyways.

Haven't figured that one out. Might put a sleeve on the power filter to prevent it from sucking up the fry. Anytips?

Back
Top Bottom