Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was trimming the new growths off of my java fern today when I saw what I first thought were just bumps on the leaves where the new plants grow. I touched one, though, and it was gritty feeling, whereas other sprouts werent. Are they eggs?

And does anyone wanna guess what laid them, if they are eggs?

The fish in my 46 gallon:
-3 Angelfish (about 3-4 inches long)
-2 German Blue Balloon Rams (Nearly full grown)
-12 Cardinal Tetra (I know they arent it)
-6 Glowlight Tetra (I know they arent it)
-1 BNP (obviously cant be it)
-Ghost Shrimp (know they arent it.)

img_1815840_0_1b7ed247425c1d64b9ef46c462a16ded.jpg

Angelfish and rams will guard their eggs as a pair. The BN pleco (if male) would have the female lay the eggs on the roof of a cave and he would guard the entrance. Shrimp hold onto their eggs. Tetras scatter their eggs.

These are not eggs. Most likely they are seeds or something produced by the fern. Ferns out of the water commonly produce seeds under their leaves like that.

bs6749 said:
Angelfish and rams will guard their eggs as a pair. The BN pleco (if male) would have the female lay the eggs on the roof of a cave and he would guard the entrance. Shrimp hold onto their eggs. Tetras scatter their eggs.

These are not eggs. Most likely they are seeds or something produced by the fern. Ferns out of the water commonly produce seeds under their leaves like that.

+1 those look like fern spores

Alright, I thought they probably were... They've just never felt gritty before.

Back
Top Bottom