Elec. Blue j.d. Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishing4snags

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55g. How many EBJD can i have in it?? And how should i take care of them??

That tank is on the small end for ebjds so id say 1

Excuse me for stealing your thread a bit but jeta, I had heard from a pretty reputable breeder and store owner in Pittsburgh that ebjds can lose there color and look like a normal JD if their tank temperature rises to high..is there any truth to this?

Fishing4snags said:
Whats the best food to give em?? Theyre only about a 1"1/2

I'd start them on some cichlid gold or something along those lines

I've never heard of that, the electric blue variant is prominent no matter the fishes situation, much like a melanistic or albino trait.

As far as feeding goes, get them on nls thera +a .5 mm ASAP. If you notice stringy or white poo, or if they look thin, treat for parasites with metro/prazi as they are very prone to getting them.

jetajockey said:
I've never heard of that, the electric blue variant is prominent no matter the fishes situation, much like a melanistic or albino trait.

As far as feeding goes, get them on nls thera +a .5 mm ASAP. If you notice stringy or white poo, or if they look thin, treat for parasites with metro/prazi as they are very prone to getting them.

I didnt understand anything you just told me....lol

I have 2 regular jds and 4 convicts in a 55 gallon right now they are all doing great but they are definitely starting to out grow the tank so I'm gonna have to up grade soon

Back
Top Bottom