Electric blue crayfish priceing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I purchased a 4 inch male electric blue crayfish in Feburary at my LFS for a price of $40

That seemed a little steep to me but when i saw him and learned he was compatible with my 30al setup i had to have him
Was this an appropriate price?

I purchased a 4 inch male electric blue crayfish in Feburary at my LFS for a price of $40

That seemed a little steep to me but when i saw him and learned he was compatible with my 30al setup i had to have him
Was this an appropriate price?

if its the same thing as this

Tropical Inverts for Freshwater Aquariums: Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster

then id say so, dont mind the common name, look at the scientific name to see if its the same that you have.

Edit: acutally doing some research that scientific name is generic for freshwater crayfish, either way, from what ive seen at other sites the blue versions range around $40-$50

Edit2: ok so i just checked my local LFS here
http://fintique.home.texas.net/fintique%20update.htm

and they have electric blue crayfish for $15 at 3 inches

Last edited:
My local pet supplies plus sells them for $11ish?

The LFS has them for around that price as well, but more than likely slightly more expensive.
They are usually about 3-4" when I see them in stock.

Seems like those prices are a bit outrageous, but I guess it depends on where you are located. I'm on the iPhone app so it doesn't show it.

Back
Top Bottom