Electric Yellow fry help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nothing

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just bought some Electric Yellow Labs from the pet store yesterday and the female not only looks pregnant, but looks like the fry are already hatched. I am hoping to strip them today. I don't want to leave them in the main tank because they will be eaten, but my only other option is a 10g with 5 panda Cory's in it. Would it be doable to raise them up for a bit in the 10g so long as I do lots of water changes until they are big enough to hold their own? Thanks for any input. The 10g pH is 7.6.

So I just bought some Electric Yellow Labs from the pet store yesterday and the female not only looks pregnant, but looks like the fry are already hatched. I am hoping to strip them today. I don't want to leave them in the main tank because they will be eaten, but my only other option is a 10g with 5 panda Cory's in it. Would it be doable to raise them up for a bit in the 10g so long as I do lots of water changes until they are big enough to hold their own? Thanks for any input. The 10g pH is 7.6.

I recently had my own batch of labs i took the mother out of my main tank and put her in a 10 gal for about a week. Than i stripped her of the young but i found out its best to leave them with the mother till you know for sure they are free swimmers. I ended up having to rig up a make shift egg tumbler from a small net with a bubbler underneath until the little guys lost most of their egg sac.
A 10 gal is perfect to raise them i had all mine in one no problem. Although im not sure ho the cories will be they may eat the fry but id say you have a better chance at keeping them in the 10 gal rather than your main tank. Its up to you if you want to keep them with the mother or not.

Back
Top Bottom