Electric yellow getting picked on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedDevil83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So the four I do have like to keep this little guy in the corner but no damage done, just intimidation. I'm wondering since this is the only sign of aggression in the tank should I be concerned or change something?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1444203443023.jpg
    1444203443023.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 104
Sorry the three that stick together but keep him as an outcast..

I'll try and get video if that helps if anyone want me to.

You could always re arrange the tank with more rocks and to break up their line of sight of eachother. This changing of the tank will allow the fish to gain new territories. Also, whats the stock of the tank and the size?

60 gallon 6 frontosa 4 electric yellow, 2 yoyo loaches,2 clown loaches and one royal pleco.

They never bother anyone else but that one electric yellow. Fronts are very passive.

Loaches as you know just get in everyone's business lol

2 males and 2 females? When this sort of thing happens in my tank, i usually remove the dominant male if hes being a complete *** and let the more passive male take over. Electric yellows are hard to tell sexes, but if you can vent them you should be able to tell decently. I just remove because i feel bad for the little one cowering all the time, i havent seen any actual damage yet in my cases

No damage....yet and the ignore it when I feed probably because they're preoccupied with the food.i was also thinking if I remove anything it might worsen the balance, but I do have good hiding spots.

No damage....yet and the ignore it when I feed probably because they're preoccupied with the food.i was also thinking if I remove anything it might worsen the balance, but I do have good hiding spots.

You could try rearranging the tank and try to split it in the middle to let either claim a side. But in my experience if there are two males it will be a constant thing where theres one being picked on a little more. Mine are all relatively small so i cant comment on how it turns out when they are fully matured and get their full temperament lol

You could try rearranging the tank and try to split it in the middle to let either claim a side. But in my experience if there are two males it will be a constant thing where theres one being picked on a little more. Mine are all relatively small so i cant comment on how it turns out when they are fully matured and get their full temperament lol

For sure :) yeah I kind of had the same setup for a few months, ultimately the frontosa are the star of the tank so if they ever start picking on them then they are going to a lfs lol

Back
Top Bottom