Elegence coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about either getting an elegence coral or an anemone for my clowns to host in, which would be a better choice, I'm thinking of getting an elegence so it won't move around. My next question is are they are to care for and what would be good placement for them?

They are a little on the difficult side. One about you clown. He may not or may host one of them. It is not guaranteed. Mine would host different corals but never the anenome.

IMO I'd skip the elegance. Not easy at all. How about a torch coral instead?

I have a torch coral, looks really nice! And very similiar to some anemones. My maroon clown had taken a liking to it and seems to be hosting it now.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390742110.710994.jpg
I have had mine for over a year and a half. It's the centerpiece of my tank (even though it's in the corner). Everyone that comes over comments on it. The color especially under the actinics is amazing. I made sure to research it well and even though it seemed difficult, I was willing to accept it as a challenge.
From what I read, flow was one key. You need good flow in a reef tank but must not beat the elegance up. They like low flow tide marshes in the wild so I had to place it where my rock scape helped shield it but still allowed plenty of light for its food source. I try to supplement feed it various things, but I have only observed it eat mysis on one occasion. None the less, it is healthy, huge and colorful.
I have had a pair of clowns in my tank for that entire time period and they have not shown much interest in it. Once in a while, the male stares at it and swims towards it but nothing sustained. But, my clowns haven't bonded with anything else either. Everyone says it's hit or miss.
Good luck!

See if you can get an Aussie elegance over an Indo one if you can. They tend to take better to captivity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom