Ember tetra or chile rasbora?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to add a small school of either of these to an established, planted tank currently only stocked with red rili shrimp. I'm aware they will most likely eat shrimp fry. Ph is 7.5, water temp 76.6

Looking for some nice color but prefer whichever of the two that would do best in this situation.

Thanks.

Since the chili rasboras are so small I don't think they could eat a shrimp even a baby once it's a few days old. That would be my recommendation.

I vote for embers. they are also very small and in my opinion very hardy little fish. Males 1/2" females 7/8" tops. I have a school of 5 in with neons and glowlights in a 10 gal but would not have a problem with 5 or 6 in a 5 gal. Alison

I vote for embers. they are also very small and in my opinion very hardy little fish. Males 1/2" females 7/8" tops. I have a school of 5 in with neons and glowlights in a 10 gal but would not have a problem with 5 or 6 in a 5 gal. Alison

Must be a pretty tank! This is for the spouse's tank, I think he's leaning towards the rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom