Emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

portia

Aquarium Advice Regular
My daughter just called and said my tank is leaking water all over the floor.

I had her catch the fish and put them with water from the tank into my special aquarium bucket (no soap has ever touched it). i use it for water changes.

I can't get home to deal with it until 6. Will the fish be okay until then?

Looked at your other posts to find out what fish you have. The gourami can get air on its own; the other fish (guppies, danios and a swordtail) are probably small enough to have enough oxygen for the next 4 hours or so, assuming a 5 gallon bucket. if there's no aerator, maybe your daughter can just stir up the water occasionally. She can probably also take the heater from the tank and use it in the bucket, if she unplugs it first to make sure it doesn't burn out while moving it. Probably don't even need that for 4 hours worth. Just a guess though. Let us know what happens.

edit: if you can't fix the tank after you get home, then yes, you'll definitely need an aerator and heater in the bucket.

(y)

One thing to add, if you cant fix the tank and need a quick fix, you can use a rubbermaid tote (or generic brand) for the fish as a temp home until you can fix/get a new tank. Just rinxe it out well and voila.

Back
Top Bottom