emergency!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickyg78

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please help, so I bought a Oscar two months ago and and is about 4 inches big and decided to add another Oscar, turns out my Oscar doesn't want a tank mate, my Oscar killed the new Oscar and now my Oscar is nearly laying completely on it's side and is breathing rather heavy:( what should I do? He's in a 40 gallon breeder ( was going to upgrade once he got about 8 inches ) but it seems he might die:(

Standard protocol for posts asking for help need to include your water parameters. Is it a new or established tank?

I don't have a test kit on me, I ran out of strips, the tank is established it's been running for like 5 months, I did a water change do days ago, I got the other Oscar yesterday and they seemed then this morning my Oscar killed the new one, they weren't fighting when I got them my Oscar was actually scared, I took the dead Oscar out and my Oscar seems fine normal always asking for food, I went to the petstore and when I came back my Oscar is at the bottom of the tank? Do you think he is just wounded or tired from the killing he did? He doesn't appear to have any sign of injury:/

You'll need to get anew test kit ASAP.

The Oscar laying on its side has been in there for the past 2 months? What's the diet? What % and regularity are the PWC? Whats the Filtration and maintenance?

30% water change every week and he has never lied on his side till today, I got the new Oscar yesterday, woke up today and the new Oscar was killed my Oscar was still fine and swimming like normal, then when I got home from returning the dead fish I found my Oscar laying at the bottom of the tank, I have 3 aqua tech 10-20 filters plus the filter it came with

30% water change every week and he has never lied on his side till today, I got the new Oscar yesterday, woke up today and the new Oscar was killed my Oscar was still fine and swimming like normal, then when I got home from returning the dead fish I found my Oscar laying at the bottom of the tank, I have 3 aqua tech 10-20 filters plus the filter it came with

Maybe he's sulking and remorseful for what he did!!! Lol.

More than likely got into a fight with the other Oscar. He's probably beat up and can't swim very well. Either treat with meds in a medical tank, or try to let him wait it out.

Did the dead one look like it was killed or have any damage. Or is there a chance it may have just died.

Is the LFS you bought it from reputable? Did you notice any dead fish in their tank systems? It is very well possible you accidentally introduced a parasite or disease. It is also just as likely they got into a fight and your guy is just majorly stressed.

Back
Top Bottom