Emersed Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexwm125

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What are some good plants that will easily grow up and out of the water?

I am thinking about setting up my Betta this week and I would like that to be the theme. It will be a 10 gal but not all the way full. So there is room for emersed growth.

On another totally different topic (don't want to make a whole thread for it) so this is the story.... I found a tadpole in a puddle in the parking lot of my apartment complex so I scooped him up in a Tupperware. I feared he would be piloted by oil or something so I feel I saved him lol
Upon further investigation I find that it is an Oregon Spotted Frog. The tadpole is very pretty actually, never seen one be pretty. He's gold ✨✨ Anyways I had no idea what to feed him so I googled it and it said algae and a bunch of other stuff I didn't know. So I crushed up a small piece of algae wafer and once it was fully waterlogged he gobbled it up! I was very pleased.
Anyway, should I release him in a better environment or keep him until he changes?
Here's a pic, he's very clumsy but very active as well!
http://i.imgur.com/kT7vxWn.jpg

29g Community

3g Betta

Back on topic.....plants that grow past the water line. ? sidetracked myself.

29g Community

3g Betta

Moneywort (Bacopa monnieri) is the only one i can think of, off the top of my head...

Tank is dirty but you get the idea. This is alternanthera ficoidea aka Joseph's coat raspberry swirl.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429045992421.jpg
    1429045992421.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 88
Omg this is almost exactly what I was looking for! Did they start out submersed and grow past the water line or were they planted that way?

29g Community

3g Betta

This is a bog species so it only tried above water. Other options off the top of my head are Bella palms, arrowhead, corkscrew rush, chameleon plant, taro if you have the room (would take a big tank), and a myriad of common house plants.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's the variegated rush that is a bog plant, another plant that has nice submerged growth is parrots feather although thats an invasive weed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom