emperor 400 LOUD!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a brand new emperor 400 its been running 3 weeks and is extremely loud!! Any Ideas on how to fix it??

Are the rubber caps on the ends of the propeller ? Are they in the correct spots in the filter? Some times I have to wiggle the top piece that holds the top of the propeller and the botem of the in take tube. Are there any obstructions hitting the blades?

I did a google search and it pulled up a youtube review of it and the guy said it was kinda loud. It didnt sound any louder then normal to me. But I've fallen asleep to that noise for years.

Make sure its level in all directions.. Put a level on it to make sure. All my filters have been loud in my freshwater tanks because I never checked the level. I set up a 55 FOWLR and actually leveled the filter, quietest one yet! Just a starting point...

It's definitely leveled. I I tore it apart last night and jumped everything out. I think it might of had a piece of carbon in the propeller. It helped tremendously

Back
Top Bottom