Empty, cycled 37 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pipedreamer86 said:
I would just like to throw out a word of caution. The active word here is *should* be ok. You could wind up.with a pair or angels that fight tooth and nail for.the.whole tank at breeding time. Secondly, what are your plans if you buy "a few of each" and.you can't find anywhere to sell or offload them? Better laid plans breed more desirable results

My lfs will Deff take angels back for an in store credit. Then I will be getting discus and to my understanding that rams can be kept with discus so the gbrs will find the 75 as their new home

My lfs will Deff take angels back for an in store credit. Then I will be getting discus and to my understanding that rams can be kept with discus so the gbrs will find the 75 as their new home and the fry if I get any my lfs will take them too

I guess that's fine but why not just buy some play sand or pea gravel? It's really cheap.

vanimal said:
I guess that's fine but why not just buy some play sand or pea gravel? It's really cheap.

I have some pool filter sand and was going to put it in but heard it might effect my ph is this true?

Fish4bass8 said:
I have some pool filter sand and was going to put it in but heard it might effect my ph is this true?

I don't think so. I put normal sand in my tank and the Ph didn't change.

Fish4bass8 said:
Now what about my pervious question. Which fish shall I put in first?

I would add the Angels first. They seem to be more fragile while they're young and Rams need a more established tank with perfect water quality.

vanimal said:
I would add the Angels first. They seem to be more fragile while they're young and Rams need a more established tank with perfect water quality.

Ok thank you for all your help

Ok, angels....awesome fish they really are but you mentioned one of my fav's kribs! They are really super fun personality wise and not so sensitive parameter wise. Over all a really great breed for a first time breeder. Here is an article I found that give a great description of the breed and what to expect. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/cichlid/kribensis.php from another forum. I know, sry!!

Back
Top Bottom