Encourage shrimp breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler D

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 Sakura shrimp 2 F 1 M I believe. 2 are large one is smaller than the other and doesn't seem to be growing at all so I assume its a male.

But u h e had them for a few months and they don't seem to be breeding. They are all very active. Any advice is welcomed.

(They are in a planted 5 gallon with 2 guppies and a apple snail sand substrate. Full spectrum light if it matters)

I have 3 Sakura shrimp 2 F 1 M I believe. 2 are large one is smaller than the other and doesn't seem to be growing at all so I assume its a male.

But u h e had them for a few months and they don't seem to be breeding. They are all very active. Any advice is welcomed.

(They are in a planted 5 gallon with 2 guppies and a apple snail sand substrate. Full spectrum light if it matters)

Is it possible to get more shrimp? The more you have, the more of a chance there is for babies. With 3 it's a crapshoot IMHO.

It is but where I live they are expensive $8 a pop so I just wanted to see if I could encourage breeding.

Stable parameters and clean water is the best way. Also keep them nice and well fed.

You can try Mosura Eros or BorneoWild Dance, they are breeding aids, but As neos they breed like rabbits. I would just keep the water clean and stable, and wait.

If they are new, they might take 1-2 months before they start breeding. Let them settle.

Back
Top Bottom