Endler aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got a pair of male endlers that are pretty aggressive towards each other. Constantly dancing around each other head to head and flaring. With a bit of attacking. No females in tank. Would more males spread out aggression or make it worse ? Can't move one to another tank cause one had a school of tiger barbs and other houses a dwarf puffer

They will mellow out if you get some females

I have never seen a store that sells female endlers before. How long have you had them? I also have a pair of male endlers and they have never been aggressive towards each other, so perhaps yours will mellow out overtime.
I do think if you have the space, getting 3 more would cut down on the agression.
Having lots of plants to break up their line of sight helps as well.

Get a female or two and some more plants. More males sometimes works too I've probably got 35 males and 15 females in one tank and they are all happy

Getting a female is not an option. Don't want babies. Got a lot of site breaks.

If you dont care to have babies just let them eat the fry

Endlers rarely eat fry. It is due to their mating instinct. Probably not kuch you can do. More males and they will just attack each other lol

Nano fish tank so babies will have a good chance of survival. Evenly matched so I guess see what happens

Back
Top Bottom