Endler obsession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

webmoose

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I go to the LFS near my house.. They have endlers in a tank. (exciting right....?)

Well the tank has some dead endlers in the intake tube. Then I see one with fungus on it. Then I see one that has a bent spine. And then I see fry...

So in spite of all that I saw I still think to myself that if there is fry in the tank then they could end up being female...

Any how once I got control over myself again I recalled in my mind that most of the Endlers that are in LFS are usually laced with hormone.

I read this after I had gotten 3 endlers about a month ago...

Sooooo Now I want more endlers but I don't want LFS ones.....

Anyone else obsessed with endlers?

I've wanted some for quite a while now too. I browse through the picture on AquaBid.com a daydream about the ones I want. Some people even sell unusual strains that have been collected with peacock spots or double red tails or such. They are gorgeous little fish.

I think if we had aquabid.com in Canada I would have tooooo many fish.. :)

I checked out AlbertaAquatica didn't see any endlers.. :)

Let me know if any of you CAS members see any around...

Thanks,

Moooooose

i might try ameca splendens (butterfly goodeids) as per Sir Lunch Boxes recommendation.. The 60 day gestation period sounds entertaining.....

What do you guys think? Anyone been to riverfront lately and seen ameca splendens (butterfly goodeids)? or any where else for that matter?

Mooose

Went to river front to JUST see the ameca splendens (butterfly goodeids) and guess what they had FRY.... :)

I came home with a male and a female and 3 fry....

After reading all about them I decided that I would try them out.. They are just tooooo cool. Thanks Sirlunchbox!!!

Moose......... over and out.

I came across some double lyretail endlers that a LFS mistook for feeder guppies, I immediately bought three pair of them, however, I cannot get them to breed.(4 months have passed) :( try asking one of the pet stores suppliers and see if you can order directly that way, that is how I was able to obtain my spotted bush fish.

Glad i could help. I think they are a cool little fish (and the just looooove the hair algae!) Enjoy them

Back
Top Bottom