Endlers livebearer - Poecilia wingei (part two)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emeraldking

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am aware of the fact that this topic has been posted already. But it's not quite correct and it's incomplete. Therefore I do feel obligated to post another topic about these fish with just further information.

Poecilia wingei come from two regions not one: Campoma and Cumana.

Within endler wildstrains, males will become about the same size as most males from wildstrain guppies. Hardly a difference between sizes. But yes, they do differ from most males of fancy guppy strains when it comes to the size and bodyshape.
Also the females of wildstrain endlers can become the same size as female guppies. It's only a matter how ideal the situation is. For most young females which haven't reached their full size yet will be pregnant pretty early when males are around. For even a month old female can already be fertilized by a male. This is the most common situation why female endlers are a bit smaller than most female guppies for the growth potential will go the development of the new offspring instead of her body length.

When female endlers drop fry, the mount of it will be between 1 - 20 most of the time. But yes, in general they have a lower offspring number than guppies have.

Endlers do well in water temps between 64,4°F - 84,4°F. It's a margin they can have without any problems. Over 84,4°F is something they can handle as well but not preferable for they will go through their lifespan too fast.
Below 64,4°F their metabolism will go slower but they'll surive till a low of about 50°F. But of course, these ain't temperatures which are preferable during a longer period of time.

But I have to admit that when I'm keeping these kinds of fish in my outdoor ponds that they'll be harvest in mid October every year and most of the time the water temps overhere will be at about 50°F. And I can assure you that they are always still vividly. But these fish have got used to these kinds of temps. These fish are much stronger and more colourful (because of the UV in daylight) than their relatives which are kept inside the house.

It's even something that happens in free nature as well during nightfall that those water temps will go down a lot in those shallow waters where these fish occur. So basiaclly, we're too careful with most of these fish...

It's not always that wildstrains of endlers will cost more than a hybrid strain. If the hybrid strain isn't too well available, even these can cost a lot more than a wildstrain.

I myself am already active within the field of endlers since almost 10 years now. I do have both wildstrains and hybrid strains. I love both discipilnes within this field.

When it comes to wildguppies than I have to say that my passion for these fish will go over 40 years by now...

Keeping and breeding wildgupies and endlers is a great combination in my point of view... But I also keep and breed more kinds of livebearers and specifically the rare ones...

Take care, "S"

Below some other pictures of endlers both N- and K-class.

Light blue top sword
Tuxedo red
Red chest
Blue star

Attachments

• fish stan ea4 041.jpg
    fish stan ea4 041.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 210
  • fish stan ea2 092.jpg
    fish stan ea2 092.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 229
  • fish stan ea1 140.jpg