enough lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hum 50/50 is a mix of 10k and Actinic? If yes I think Actinic is not good for plant. Its more for the look.

:/ shoot, so all the plants will die assuming i don't get new lighting?

It really depends on what plants. Different plants have different light requirements you must research before buying them.
I dont know anything about lighting though

i have moneywort, anubias, amazon swords, onion plant, and foxtail frill in there (if it won't work i have a 5g tank w/ 23 watts of lighting)

New said:
i have moneywort, anubias, amazon swords, onion plant, and foxtail frill in there (if it won't work i have a 5g tank w/ 23 watts of lighting)

The moneywort will be fine and possibly the swords will be sustained but not thrive the rest I would move over to the 5 until you upgrade your bulb

Is it t5 or t8? And how many bulb is the fixture?

both bulbs are 50/50, it doesn't say anything about max watts on the fixture. The problem, i think, is that it is 2 separate hoods (each of which can house an 18 inch bulb) so are there any 18 inch bulbs that are 40+ watts?

You can try to find a T5 fixture on Amazon they are at really good price (From what I got here in Canada). One double strip will give you 48W and are bright. I got 1 10k and 1 Flora that come with mine. Should be plenty for "normal" plants. T8 is not the way to go for plants IMO. You can still let one of your T8 50/50 for the blue look. I'm not and expert too, I can't have plants right now, my Silver Dollars are heating them. Good luck and let us know!!

has anyone had any experiences with the Marineland double bright LED fixture?

i'm thinking about getting 2X Marineland double bright LED fixtures 36"-48"

From what I've heard, most of the non-DIY LEDs are not especially great for plants. Maybe low light. Better chance at getting low light with two of them.

aqua_chem said:
From what I've heard, most of the non-DIY LEDs are not especially great for plants. Maybe low light. Better chance at getting low light with two of them.

I've heard this as well. Apparently they're great for corals, but useless for plants. I heard you can try DIY moonlights with them though :)

Back
Top Bottom