Enough rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're welcome.

I have to wait until after the Scottish Fest here before I can do anything to our tanks. *Sigh* We're part of the living history exhibit, we launch bowling balls into Lake Estes (Estes Park Co) using a trebuchet. So we're busy making new costumes and getting things ready. Speaking of, time to go get sewing on my kilt.

Ok, I took them all out and put them back and they are stable now. Opinions?

3872556126_2c06f38af8.jpg

Is that enough? Cuz I'm really tired of messin with them. lol

since you were taking them all out did you lay egg create down when you had the chance?

since you were taking them all out did you lay egg create down when you had the chance?

I'm sorry but I wish I had but 1. As you know I'm out of money and 2. I didn't go to town today and 3. My parents probly wouldn't hav believed that I needed it and think I was just wasting my money (they do tht a lot btw). The rearranging was sort of spontaneuos. I just took them out and put them back where they would be stable.

home depot lowes any hardware store should have them. they use them for lighting i guess. people putting up large rock work puts this down then the sand. this way you dont get a pressure point on the glass. it evens out the weight.

i need more rocks but i just refuse to buy more.......i am new to this area and dont know where to even look....i do see a lot of rocks they use around drain spouts(ditch rocks) but i've heard the minerals they release could kill the fish.

Not just the minerals on them, but the dust from passing car exhaust, automotive oil, anti-freeze someone poured down a drain somewhere along the line, or other chemicals they may be sprayed with to prevent algae from growing on them or something...

Last edited:
hey sicklid is your avatar pic an actual picture of your tank??? If so can you upload a full pic so we can check it out. Looking for ideas here..lol...I'm thinking of going with the same fish stock

If youre going with cichlids, mbuna or hap, sicklid and spoonman have some NICE setups... go check out spoons album, i think sicklid has one too if im not mistaken... i got all my ideas from spoon and sicklid and severum mama

yea i'm already stockin cichlids but they are mixed due to my lack of research...no issues but going for consistancy

i'm getting a filter for my 10g soon to serve has my hospital tank...i dnt want to release fish into my 125 until they prove themselves worthy..With my recent loses its to hard to get them out...Large stock coming soon!!!...Its really not about the money..moreso i'm moving.

Back
Top Bottom