Equipment for 215l tank (Aqua one 980)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Trooper

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys, i currently have a 64l tank and i'm buying a second hand 215l tank today, which will get set up in time.

So i'm after some advice, i more or less understand the cycling process which is a start but i'm after some heater/filter advice :)

So that tank is this one, an Aqua one 980.

1390774_10201734094606412_75780728_n.jpg

It does have a built in filter but does anyone have any experience with it, will it do the job or is it worth upgrading, and if so which would you suggest? I've seen the Rio 600 Internal power filter, but i'm not sure.

Heater wise i'm thinking 2x 200w one either side of the tank, would this be suitable?

Any advice/suggestions/tips are more than welcome.

Many thanks, :thanks:

William.

For a tank that size you could do 2 200 watt heaters or just get one for a 215l tank that is up to personal preference but for the filter I think you should be fine but some pics specifically of the filter would be good to see what we're dealing with. For a canister filter that would be the best for this tank look into a fluval 306 or 406 depending on how much filtration you Believe you need. Hope this helps!:)

For a tank that size you could do 2 200 watt heaters or just get one for a 215l tank that is up to personal preference but for the filter I think you should be fine but some pics specifically of the filter would be good to see what we're dealing with. For a canister filter that would be the best for this tank look into a fluval 306 or 406 depending on how much filtration you Believe you need. Hope this helps!:)

Thanks for the tips, especially on the heater front, i will get some photos of current filter set up shortly. Are there any cheaper canister filters out there, as i am on a budget at the moment, has to be very quiet too as it's in bedroom.

Thanks again,

William.

I have got the tank set up and have taken more photos as requested. There is not water in the tank yet as i have a few bits and pieces to sort before it's ready for it.

This is the filter, it appears a spray bar sprays the water over trays containing media.

Fits the hole perfectly! :)

Perfect, that's good to know.

I have 3 trays to put media in, i assume i put a different kind into each tray - Would you be able to give me an idea as to what i should use?

For the first tray use a sponge good for removing large detritus the second tray use seachem purigen in bags and in the third tray use any bio media of your choice.

Back
Top Bottom