Equivilant to Chemi-Clean in Australia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flanque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

Does anyone know of any stockists of chemi-clean in Australia, or any equivilant products?

Thanks

Not the same kind of stuff but you'll get much better long term results... <<Phosban>>. Too bad it's out of stock though 8O

Cheers
Steve

Is this any different to things like Phosguard? This product just seems to be (and excuse my nieveness) a phosphate, silicate and disolved organics absorber.. makes me think a phosguard-like product mixed with active carbon.

flanque said:
Is this any different to things like Phosguard? .. makes me think a phosguard-like product mixed with active carbon
Similar but definately not the same. Phosban is an iron oxide product while Phosguard is an aluminum oxide. The aluminum can and will affect the tank negatively, especially inverts.

This product just seems to be (and excuse my nieveness) a phosphate, silicate and disolved organics absorber.
Phosphates and silicates yes but not really organics. What this does is export the one main fuel source that keep cyano going, phophates. This is a much better goal than what Chemi-clean does. Chemi clean reduces fixed nitrogens and oxidizes organics. It doesn't actually kill the cyano, merely coverts it's main food sources allowing the skimmer and the needed water changes afterwards to remove it. Chemi clean does not affect the phosphorus level much at all which is why more often than not the cyano returns. Think of it like a powdered version of O3 or peroxide.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom