Eric's 90 gallon reef build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That does make sense. I may end up waiting until after Christmas and pick up a pistol shrimp watchman goby and the royal gramma. Would that be ok as my first addition into the tank or is that too much bio load at once? After they are settled I will move my coral and clowns followed by my midas blenny and shrimp.

I bought my pico today, it is going to look great. I will be plumbing it into my sump to keep very stable parameters in a 4 gallon tank. I got an amazing deal on the tank, it is an evolve 4 for $30. I couldn't pass it up.

Yeah I was pretty happy about the deal. Christmas is a wonderful time for fish tanks.

I picked up a royal gramma last night. He/she (not sure if you can tell gender) is in qt right now. I can't wait to get it in my tank. I also am getting excited to get my coral moved over and start adding some more.

Here is the new guy hiding under my pump.

My wife said she wants an eel in the tank. I'm trying to tell her that it won't work, I have been planning a reef from day 1 and the eel would throw it off completely. I want to make my 29 into a 55 fowlr and I could get an eel in that. I hope that will work for her.

Thanks! I am pleased with it.

My wp25 came in today. I now have enough flow to start moving coral over. I am hoping to get it moved this weekend. I will need to finish up my lighting as well. I think I may move my clown fish over as well, or my midas blenny. I'm getting excited for stocking. I will have to go look into some new coral as well after running a full test on my water.

The WP25 has some serious power. I am not sure what setting I like, last night it stirred up my sand pretty good. I took care of that this morning and played around with it a bit more. There are too many options I may just have to let my coral decide.

I bought my pico today, it is going to look great. I will be plumbing it into my sump to keep very stable parameters in a 4 gallon tank. I got an amazing deal on the tank, it is an evolve 4 for $30. I couldn't pass it up.

Tank looks good. Like the rockscpape!

Wp25 is a great pump. It's nice to turn it up once in a while to help move detris out of the display.

Wp25 is a great pump. It's nice to turn it up once in a while to help move detris out of the display.

That is a good idea, better than my old method of fanning the rock off with my hand every once in a while. I may have my setting figured out, the middle speed on the second wave setting. The flow is nice a alternates a bit, I have tons of surface agitation and I get cool little vortexes popping up on the surface. The standing wave setting is just too much I think. Definitely worth the $70.

Looks great! What kind of lighting?

Sorry for the delay. The lighting is rapid led, I just finished it up and now have both panels up. I wired it so I have independent control over red/white, green/white, blue and blue/uv. It is pretty impressive and now I can dial in exactly how I want it to look. Here is how I have it now, around 50% on all except my blue/uv is at 100%. It has a pretty good look to it.

I also moved all of my coral over to the 90 today, that was a big effort, I dipped them all in coral RX just to make sure nothing came along with them. They seem happy so far, my green finger leather has its polyps out already and the hammer seems happy to be rid of the clownfish. I hope they don't take to it when I move them over, they just killed one head the other day.

Following this thread! Great build and gorgeous looking tank!

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you all. I can't wait to fill it with coral and fish. I am planning on sps and lps for this tank with only a few softies. I made sure not to bring any colt coral over because it takes over and although I enjoy the movement it adds to the tank I believe it was attacking my lps with its chemical warfare causing them to recede a bit, I have read they don't necessarily get along with hard coral. Since moving the coral over my trumpet is 200% better and looks great and my acan has already started to recover. My lobo looks better than ever and I am hoping my hammer will start to grow like crazy again. I think I may make a coral run this weekend as all seems well in the tank. As for the royal gramma, he is eating great in the qt and is less shy by the day. This Sunday will be two weeks so I'm thinking neat week or the following for adding him to the dt and getting a new fish for the qt.

Should I qt for 4 weeks or is 3 enough if there are no signs of any issues?

I'm definitely going to be watching this thread. I have a 110g tank that I will be rebuilding in the next 6 months, hopefully! I miss my fish!

I'm definitely going to be watching this thread. I have a 110g tank that I will be rebuilding in the next 6 months, hopefully! I miss my fish!

Good luck on the rebuild, I would miss them too.

I think I decided on a 3week QT for the gramma, he looks very healthy after 2. I added 2 emerald crabs last night. I'm pretty happy about it, I wanted one 2 years ago before I set up my first tank but decided that in my 29 the food may be to limited and I didn't want them to touch my coral. I think they will do fine in my 90. Just cleaned my tanks, I still have some algae in the new tank that I hope dies back soon. I also fed my lps, I hope this helps with some growth.

Back
Top Bottom