euthanasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sisserydoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just had to euthanize a couple of fish for the first time. I've had this 25 gallon tank for five years, and had to move it into another room recently. For some reason, the move seems to have caused one of my black skirt tetras to become a ruthless killer. In a matter of days he killed 6 zebra danios and 4 of his fellow black skirt tetras. There was just him and one very beat up other left.

Out of pity for the beat up one, I put him down and the killer also.

I used the clove oil method. I was very worried since it was my first time doing this. I’m happy to report it worked flawlessly. They seemed to be in no discomfort whatsoever. They just swam slower and slower until they stopped, and then after about 6 or 7 minutes stopped breathing altogether. I left them in a couple hours to be sure.

For those of you who are unsure, as I was, I would definitely recommend this method.

I've been thinking of getting some clove oil to have on hand. Sorry about your fish. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom