ever used cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

force of habit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone ever used a product called cycle made by nutrafin? Was advised to use this during my cycle to help keep fish alive. Not to sure about putting something unnatural in the tank. What do you guy think?

Cycle is a waste of money, cycle your tank with a raw shrimp, keep any live things out until the ammonia and nitrite levels have reeched 0. You can also cycle a tank with LR, look in the articles section for articles on cycling and curing LR.

I have read that article and wish I would have found this sight before I put fish in. Well that did not happen. I live in Wi so I drove up to Dr.s foster & smith. I told them I was just starting up and that the main inhabitant was to be a lionfish. I was directed towards a flame dwarf angel and a orangetailed damselfish. As I have since found out the angle will probably not make the cycle and the damsel will get eaten by the lion. So here I am trying to keep them alive. Under these circumstances would you use it?

I have used it as a quick fix for spikes. It works relatively well but it is no miracle. For a real cycle, it is no good. But for a spike, it has s\helped me before.

:hat:

Like RR says, cycle is totally worthless. You can try it if you want, but I doubt it will make any difference.

The only proven product that sucessfully cycles a tank extremely quickly (i.e. 1-2 days) is Marineland's Bio-Spira. Unfortunately it is only for FW right now...

:(

Inorder to have a good chance at keeping those fish alive (I cant belive they sold you a flame angel to cycle your tank) :evil: Will be to keep a constant watch on ammonia and nitrite levels and be prepaird to do water changes when these levels start to climb above .10.

Yes this is going to make your cycle much longer but thats one of the prices that is paid to keep the fish that is in the aquarium alive and in decently good health.

Back
Top Bottom