Ever wonder why your skimmer overflowed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
The other night I turned on my skimmer, I watched it for several minutes and it kept overflowing the cup every 5 min or so. I looked at the water line in the skimmer and it did seem awfully high. Well, I do not run my skimmer 24/7, I unplug it for several hours each night when I feed the tank. When I feed the skimmer shuts down and starts putting micro bubbles in the tank, so I figure if it's not going to do anything anyway....When I plug it back in, before I go to bed, it usually starts back up and it's business as usual. Well as I said the other night something was amiss, I left it off and went to bed, when I got up, I plugged it in and it started skimming like usual. I just figured there was some oily fish in the food I fed that night and went on about my business.

Well Tonight when I fed the tank, I was laying on the couch watching and this is what I saw....

blenny.jpg

this is one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time. of course, being a blennie owner myself, i can relate to having them hide in all kinds of places.

nice pic too

Fantastic pic! It just seems to make me smile everytime I look at it. That's one of the great things about this hobby, there's always something that surprises me.

Stephanie

Back
Top Bottom