Everybodys Favorite FW Fish!!! Have fun with this post!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bottom dwellers:
Clown Loaches (I just bought 3 about a week ago, but they are awesome fish!) Very entertaining
Albino Bristle Nose Plecos - Great for that algae cleanup crew. Mine are very adorable. The are very sneaky. When I feed them, they "attack" the food by slowly wiggling their way over to it, then pouncing on it like a cat. They only get 4-5 inches max also.
Will post pics of my 3 albino BN plecs when I get home.
-Stewie

bottom dwellers: cory cats, bristlenose pleco
Schooling fish, too many tetras to choose from!
large fish - Angel fish

Attachments

• bullydsc00468.jpg
    bullydsc00468.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 71
  • pleco4.jpg
    pleco4.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 87
  • cory2upload.jpg
    cory2upload.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 82
bottom dwellers - red-tailed shark and cory cats
large fish - Angels and rainbows
schooling fish - rainbows and harlequinn rasboras

Boesemani rainbows are my fav...

For large fish, I'm all about the oscars. They are very personable, and in my experience, will only eat another fish if it fits in their mouth. I've never seen any of my oscars picking on other tankmates. They can get pretty big, too!

My bottom dweller pick would have to be a crayfish, just because they're fun to watch. They'll push gravel and sand around as they see fit to make a home for themselves, and they do a good job cleaning up uneaten food bits.

If you're doing oscars as large fish, I've had good luck with columbian catfish/blackfin shark as schooling fish. They can grow pretty quickly, too, as they'll completely gorge themselves at feeding time alongside the oscars.

Of course, none of these fish are too pretty, really, but they're fun to watch, and that's what I was after :)

Schooling: most tetras, rainbows, danios, & rosy barbs
Large fish: gouramis, angelfish, bala sharks, discus, many cichlids
Bottom dwellers: nearly any, large catfish, loaches, cories, plecos, shrimp you name it
I haven't owned rosy barbs, discus, cichlids, loaches, shrimp, or cories YET though.

Bbottom Dwellers: Clown Loaches, Pictus Cats, Rainbow Sharks

Schooling Fish: Tiger Barbs & Green Tiger Barbs

Misc Fish: I really like Blue Lobsters and African Dwarf Frogs

Large Fish: Cichlids, Oscars are cool, also like most of the Mbunas...

Schooling fish: Cichlids
Large fish: Sabre Tooth Barracuda
bottom dwellers: Ornate Birchir

Schooling fish: Boesemani Rainbow
Large fish: Moorei Cichlid
bottom dwellers: Ghost Shrimp
Misc.: Apple Snails and ALL Lake Malawi Cichlids
Pleco: Sailfin Gibbiceps Pleco

All pics can be found at www.liveaquaria.com

For schooling fish I'd have to say Harlequin Rasboras, for the short time I had a small school, they were SO active and entertaining and showed good schooling behaviour.

what the heck it wont let me uplode any more pics it says ive reched my max uplode limit what can i do?
Become an AA alumni to increase your allowed storage, or
on your profile page, there is a link to your upload utility, and you can select previous older uploads to delete to make more room for new ones. I think that is why on some older threads the pics have been replaced by empty boxes.

Hmm,
Schooling fish: Congo and rummy nosed tetras
bottom dwellers: cories, plecos
large fish: Discus, angels
misc. fish: mystery snails. ghost shrimp

My favorite fish for water with high pH are Africans (pics don't come close to doing their colors justice):
ARLC%202004Jul.jpg

normal_Aulonocara%20Jul2004.jpg

Livebearers do extremely well in akaline water also.

Sorry about that! That is how they are sized when I upload them to my picture host site, and I don't pay particular attention, but maybe I should start.... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom