everyone quick!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
has anyone ever used these products? filter
they are pretty cheap in the clearance section i need one for a 55 and a 29 and i figure why buy 1 when i can buy 2 for the same cost?? shipping will be about 8 bucks.. what do you think?

I have never used an aquamaster filter but for that price it seems almost impossible not to take a shot if you need a filter or two.

injecting oxygen directly into tank as it filters
That line is for people who drink oxygenated water :roll:
I have never used nor heard of that filter, but if it filters and works--great!

BTW--I made the link smaller.

Link works :) Like Rich, I've never heard of that particular filter. From the photo, I can see a filter pad cartridge and nothing else. It looks like there is enough room behind the cartridge for bio-media.

That being the case...at that price, I say take a shot.

Jchillin said:
Link works :) Like Rich, I've never heard of that particular filter. From the photo, I can see a filter pad cartridge and nothing else. It looks like there is enough room behind the cartridge for bio-media.

That being the case...at that price, I say take a shot.

I concur.

yah im going to go ahead and order the two, 30 gallon Model 150
55 gallon Model 250 and a Rena Cal Basic 300 Watt Heater 300 Watt for 8.50
my total would be $41.92, not bad i was planning on spending that exact amount for just a Whisper filter for my 55 gal!! it should have space for some bio media..

huh.. makes me wonder about the quality.. i would rather pay less and but good the first time, then have to spend twice on the same thing.. any other ideas?

If you want a HOB, I say ditch the Whisper and go for an Aquaclear or Emperor. Those are the best HOBs IMO. I don't know anything about the filter to which you posted a link. I use an Emperor 280 and an Emperor 400 on my 55 gallon, but I'm sure the AC 500 would be great too. For your 29 gallon I would pick the AC 300, or maybe the Emperor 280. Of course, this is JMO, and I based it on some not-so-good reviews of the Whisper that I have read. :wink:

If you look hard enough, you can find bad reviews for just about every filter out there. I'm not promoting that you get this particular one but I've read negative reviews about Aqua-Clears (have one...review wrong) and the Fluval (have one...review wrong).

yah i think im going to get the Aqua-clear, the only thing i was excited about was the price tag on the other one.. i guess im goin to have to put my 55 project on hold since im kind of in economic mode because of my 5 month old baby..

I have to admit that there are not many reviews on the aquamaster. In fact those two were the only ones, and they were bad!

It is still like that though, that most people only write a review if the product is bad.

i have had aqua clears for years, one 8 years and i've had to replace the pin and magnet once. need i say more? buuut if you have a power outage and you water level is more then an inche under the filter it loses it's prime but it recovers with no damage tho after you prime it
now my fluval i love it, power outages don't do anything but stop the water for a short time, bbbuuutt to open and close can be a problem if you haven't figured it out
i haven't had experiance with any other filters , so :wink: up to you

Back
Top Bottom