Excited but confused!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eden

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for accepting me on your website.
I am English and live in France. I have kept goldfish for years and have decided to step up and start looking after tropical fish. I am starting my first tropical fish tank and have realised that I have already made probably the biggest mistake possible :ermm: I bought a 60 litre tank thinking that starting small would be easier. Through lots of reading I've realised that this decison has limited my choices severely and that a smaller tank leaves less room for error. Too late, the tank is bought and unwrapped, I'll need to make better choices from now on. Read first, decide later! So thats what I am doing.
I am choising my decorations / plants for the tank before I start the process of making the water safe for my future fish. Only a month or so to wait for the fish.... I'll be patient !
Well thats enough of me rambling on - yes I am a complete beginneer ! But, I'll get there... with your help !

welcome to the forum , everyone was at the beginning once just like you , enjoy the forums

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for accepting me on your website.
I am English and live in France. I have kept goldfish for years and have decided to step up and start looking after tropical fish. I am starting my first tropical fish tank and have realised that I have already made probably the biggest mistake possible :ermm: I bought a 60 litre tank thinking that starting small would be easier. Through lots of reading I've realised that this decison has limited my choices severely and that a smaller tank leaves less room for error. Too late, the tank is bought and unwrapped, I'll need to make better choices from now on. Read first, decide later! So thats what I am doing.
I am choising my decorations / plants for the tank before I start the process of making the water safe for my future fish. Only a month or so to wait for the fish.... I'll be patient !
Well thats enough of me rambling on - yes I am a complete beginneer ! But, I'll get there... with your help !

Welcome. You should start a build thread and we can help you along the way.

Are your fish bilingual?![emoji12]
I'm sure flakes hitting the water surface is a universal language.

Just don't forget water conditioner, a filter, and a heater

Also a tip....when getting a fish don't forget to buy their food. I once had to make a second trip because when I got home I realized I didn't buy the food with the fish haha (also different fish need different food)

Back
Top Bottom