experience with Flame moss???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crispo069

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone out there growing Flame moss???? I'm trying to get some info on this really nice looking moss but cant seem to find much on it. I'm also trying to find a U.S. supplier for it....its listed on ebay and aquabid but all sellers are shipping from Asia....not too keen on having it floating around for that long and dont really want to deal with customs.

I have purchased flame moss, weeping moss, and x-mas moss from a supplier in Singapore. Personally, I think that any type of java moss could be considered excellent candidates for a long trip in a box. My order took almost two weeks and all three of my mosses looked fine. If you are looking for a supplier in America, I can't help you because I too have been looking with no prevail.

As far conditions go, I think that the requirements for flame moss is similar to regular old java moss. I do keep my mosses in higher light though because I think it helps the x-mas moss branch better.

I cannot get my flame moss to attach to anything. I like the way it looks, but I'm not happy with the fact that it grows in a thick mat insted out outward, which ruins it's appearance. It takes some work to get to look right, but it grows right well in my tank with high light and CO2, minimal ferts.

I ordered mine from the Singapore dealer as well, and although it took about 8 days to arrive, it was perfectly healthy when it got to me, and has been growing extrememly well ever since.

I should start selling mine on Ebay, maybe people will bid more on a seller in the US. ;)

Just remember that anything coming in from outside the US without an accompanying phytosanitary cert is subject to seizure and destruction if customs spots it...and you will have no recourse or chance at a refund...so mind that caveat.

thats why I'm trying to find it domestically....I could have ordered it already, and as tempting as it may be...I just dont want to throw away my money..

Back
Top Bottom