Experience with Seachem's Flourish Advance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NickNaylor

Aquarium Advice Regular
Saw this product in one of my LFS and was intrigued. I ended up buying a bottle and have been dosing it daily for about a week as directed on the bottle. Haven't really noticed much of a difference.

Has anyone tried this product? I'm curious if anyone has had any good or bad experiences.

I'm using all Seachem products for my plants: double dosing Excel daily, Flourish and Flourish Trace twice weekly, and now the Advance daily. I don't have a CO2 injection system. My plants didn't really look bad before I started using the Advance - they look fine - but I was curious to see if I might get a bit more growth with the Advance than I have thus far.

Probs just the same thing as flourish just with a fancy name ;) u know what these company's are like when it comes to making money :)

It's rooting hormones. Doesn't seem like a long term kind of thing.

In my terrestrial plants, I add a fungus that stimulates root development. Often that fungus is bundled with hormones that encourage the plant to grow stronger roots. Again, for terrestrial plants, I do that during transplanting only. If you have nutrient rich substrate, the roots will grow.

Saw this product in one of my LFS and was intrigued. I ended up buying a bottle and have been dosing it daily for about a week as directed on the bottle. Haven't really noticed much of a difference.

Has anyone tried this product? I'm curious if anyone has had any good or bad experiences.

I'm using all Seachem products for my plants: double dosing Excel daily, Flourish and Flourish Trace twice weekly, and now the Advance daily. I don't have a CO2 injection system. My plants didn't really look bad before I started using the Advance - they look fine - but I was curious to see if I might get a bit more growth with the Advance than I have thus far.

If you want faster/more growth you should increase the light intensity as this will speed up the rate of photosynthesis. You just need to ensure that the extra nutrients required for the new rate of photosynthesis are there. Whether the nutrients are fed in to the water column or the substrate the plant will grow roots. Supplying nutrients at both sites will allow more margin for error.

If you want faster/more growth you should increase the light intensity as this will speed up the rate of photosynthesis. You just need to ensure that the extra nutrients required for the new rate of photosynthesis are there. Whether the nutrients are fed in to the water column or the substrate the plant will grow roots. Supplying nutrients at both sites will allow more margin for error.

I've got sufficient light, I think (running two LED lights - a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 as well as a Current Satellite Freshwater light). At this point I think the only thing I'm likely short on in the nutrient department is CO2, which I'm hoping to address by double-dosing the Excel.

I appreciate the input.

I've got sufficient light, I think (running two LED lights - a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 as well as a Current Satellite Freshwater light). At this point I think the only thing I'm likely short on in the nutrient department is CO2, which I'm hoping to address by double-dosing the Excel.

I appreciate the input.

Sufficient is good. Double dosing should work.

Seachem products always work well. The advance never heard of it keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom