Experiences on Dosing Flourish Excel in Planted Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sleepylof

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I previously posted in this forum a few days ago about transplanting my plants to a new 26-gallon tank outfitted with a 96W CF light and having massive BBA problems. I took the advice in the forum and purchased a CO2 system, Fluorish, and Flourish Excel. Since then, I have had no signs of BBA! (I guess the plants must be outcompeting the algae now.

My question is that since I don't have much experience with Seachem fertilizers, I was wondering if you could suggest the proper dosage.

I've been using Flourish once a week (2.5 ml), and Flourish Excel daily (2.5 ml). And weekly water changes of 20%. Does anyone have experience with this fertilizer? Does this sound like a reasonable dosage? I'd like to get some opinions rather than burn my plants inadvertendly! Thanks!

i put about 1 ml of excel and flourish every other day in a 3 gal tank with a 13w cf light and my dwarf hairgrass starts pearling seconds after dosing whereas my glosso just kinda does its thing. in my mom's 1 gal tank with 11w cf lighting i was putting the same amount every week but i think the excel was melting the glosso so i put way less now. i think the main problem was that i wasnt circulating the water everytime i dosed so it would be concentrated in certain areas since it's an unfiltered tank. everything is growing fine now.

I've never used Flourish Excel in concert with CO2 injection but what you describe should be fine. I use both Flourish and Flourish Excel in several of my tanks and your dosages are correct.

Back
Top Bottom