Exposing the hidden fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
So how many of you buy a certain fish, be it a burrower or dweller only to have it make a home in the back of the tank once you put them in?

Is there any methods to bring out said resident out from the back? Culprit in question is a yellowhead jawfish that is currently burrowing in the back of the tank

They are a bit tricky I do say but you can try different foods to try to intise it out or target feed and slowly move your target towards the front.

Do like I do and put the rock work on the back glass. That way they have to swim out front.

I have a pistol shrimp I havent seen since I put him in months ago. I know he's there still but havent caught a glimpse of him. I also had a royal gramma that would hide in the rocks for days upon days at a time. I thoguht she was a goner for sure so many times. Alas, she finally succumbed to whatever killed my 5 other fish a few moths ago. But yeah, happens all the time.

Sometimes over time they will come out more.y blue tang spent the first week hidden behind rocks where I couldnt tell if it was ok or not. He is just now starting to swim out front a bit. lol

francis said:
So how many of you buy a certain fish, be it a burrower or dweller only to have it make a home in the back of the tank once you put them in?

Is there any methods to bring out said resident out from the back? Culprit in question is a yellowhead jawfish that is currently burrowing in the back of the tank

Well, I left a bit of room behind my rock formation in my new set up so I can clean in the back an have some flow going.
I will have a rendall's goby at one point and am wondering the exact same thing LOL what if... I just hope it won't happen ):

I caved you guys and broke down the rockwork to fish him out. Afterwards I rearranged my rocks to be more reef layout friendly. It was worth ALL the grief <3

Also I think it would help to mention, I think if you want the fish or shrimp to be visible you need to give him a really good reason to stay in the front. I dug a little hole beneath a rock for the jawfish and set him down there. Helped guide him towards it with my hand and the rest is history :) will post pics when he takes the rock away from his entrance

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom