Extreme Home Makeover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StickyTuba

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondered if anyone else caught the season premiere of ABC's Extreme Home Makeover.
Ty and the rest of the crew built a gorgeous house, as they always do, for a disabled veteran.
Let me tell you what...15 minutes into the first hour and I was crying. What an emotional two hours.

Anyway, both of his girls love fish so they put a 600 gallon tank in their family room. It was somewhat bland in the landscaping but was definitely something to put on a wish list.

They had Yellow Tangs, Blue Tangs, Clownfish and some other fish. Just a beautiful tank. Luckily they were smart enough to get a cleaning and care service for the tank. So that the family doesn't have to worry about any care.

Just FYI, because I am sure that you can check it out on ABC's website, but I am blocked because I am at work. :|

I watched it last night and absolutely loved it. That's what I love about that show. They pick people that really need it and give them a home. Not just a house, but a home. Then they paid off their mortgage and gave the wife a scholarship to finish her masters degree. This guy who put his life on the line came home without his leg. It shows how strong he is that during the course of 1 week he was able to start dancing and moving about with a prostetic leg. Brings tears to your eyes to watch it. And then when they brought in the flag that flew in Iraq.......perfect.

Something that most people don't know is that ABC pays for the increased property taxes for (forgot how many years exactly) so many years. The homeowners don't have to pay for the income tax because ABC leases the house for 7 days. Any improvements done during a lease do not have to be counted as income.

I loved the tank. And while they were installing it I thought, OH geez, these people probably have no idea how to maintain a saltwater tank. Now they HAVE to to do it. But then when they said that a crew would come in twice a month and maintain it, I thought that it was perfect.

Very cool house. I LOVED the open house plan and the fish room. Pretty cool. :)

I watched it! I was so jealous about the fish tank! My favorite fish is the yellow tang and what do they have? Like 20 tangs!!!!!!!!!!! I agree that it was sort of bland. They can fix it if they want. I liked how they got them free cleaning of the tank!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom