Fake plants from Hobby Lobby???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cap

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am looking for a cheap way to decorate my 125. The large plants from the fish store are $40 a peace and I cant afford to spend that much. I was wondering if any had tried placing fake plants from hobby lobby or walmart in their aquarium? I know some have wires inside and wondered if that would be problem since they have plastic coating?

Just buy some real plants and let them grow
And no I would NOT use anything but plants made specifically for aquariums do to wires,dyes, different types of plastics,paints,metals,etc

Ebay usually has a lot of fake plants pretty cheap, or there's always craigslist. Folks are always trying to get rid of aquarium supplies there. If someone is advertising a used tank on there with lots of fixings, they might have extra fake plants they'd be willing to give you separate from the tank.

I got them off of allpet.com. It was the cheapest I could find tall ones.

When using fakes just be sure to go for those made for aquarium use, and inspect them for anything potentially dangerous.

Go for some fast growing stem plants like anacharis, pennywort, hornwort, wisteria, etc. You can start with small inexpensive portions and they will grow fast. Otherwise you might end up like me and be bummed you ever spent so much on fake plants now that you can't stand them anymore. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom